1. Sweeten your cereal with cinnamon instead of sugar. Not only does it cut the calories but ½ teaspoon of cinnamon a day could increase your metabolism, burn fat faster and lower your cholesterol by 15% and triglycerides by 30%.
2. Eat high fiber foods and burn 30% more fat than those who don’t eat fiber. Ground flax seeds added to cereal or salads work great.
3. After eating spicy foods like chile peppers, your body burns significantly more fat than when you eat bland foods. Switch from mayo to mustard for an extra jolt to your fat burning machine.
4. Add 8 to 10 walnuts a day to your meals and increase your fat burn and weight loss.
5. Drink 4 cups of green tea a day to speed up your metabolism. As little as 1 cup will speed up your metabolism by 10%.
6. Substitute water for soft drinks and you will keep your fat burning machine well lubricated. Six 8-oz. glasses of cold water a day automatically increases your metabolism. Scientists think that it is because the body has to burn fat for energy in the process of warming the water up to body temperature. So, the colder, the better.
7. Add protein to every meal to burn fat faster. One serving is 3 oz. of lean meat, chicken or fish, 2 tablespoons of nuts or 8 oz. of low-fat yogurt. Research shows that after a meal that contains protein, your body will burn up to 30% more calories than if there was no protein.
8. Eat breakfast to get your metabolism moving, to get your fat burning started and to help keep your energy high all day.