After 40 years of extensive study and experience teaching weight loss classes, Dr. Yarnell offers some essential keys he has learned about successful weight loss and fat reduction. This is information you can use to help you lose weight easily, quickly and permanently.
1. Find out where you stand. How much do you really have to lose? The best indicator of how overweight you are is the Body Mass Index or Ratio. This is a ratio of your height to your weight. For most people, the ratio should be between 20 and 25. You are considered overweight if your score is between 26 and 30 and obese if over 30. To get your Body Mass Index or Ratio, put your height in inches and weight in pounds into the given formula. It will also give you your ideal weight range for your height. Click here for your Body Mass Index or Ratio.
2. We all need a different amount of calories to live and lose weight. Find out what your calorie needs are based on your age, sex and activity level. This link will also calculate your ideal body weight. Click here to find your calorie needs.
3. To lose weight quickly, never skip a meal. Your first meal after waking starts your metabolism. Your metabolism then speeds up for about eight hours and then starts slowing down until you go to sleep when it goes to low until you wake and eat and start the cycle again. Skip breakfast and your metabolism doesn't get started until lunch time. You've just missed three or four hours of fat burning time. When you skip meals during the day, your metabolism also slows down. Weight loss through the burning of stored fat is all about eating enough of the right kinds of foods so you stay full and your metabolism stays as high as possible. Remember, if you feel hungry, your metabolism slows down. This is the same thing that happens when you go on a low calorie diet. The lack of food causes your metabolism to slow down. Stay full with healthy, nonfattening foods and your metabolism will continue to burn your stored fat as fast as your body will allow.
4. Let your brain help you feel full. Stretch your meals to, at least, 20 minutes or longer. Your stomach, mouth and brain are all connected and it takes 20 minutes of chewing before your stomach signals your brain that you are full. To successfully lose weight, you need to eat slowly for 20 minutes or longer. This is one reason why liquid diets leave you feeling hungry after just a short time.
5. Help your mind take control of your eating habits with hypnosis. Hypnosis is the fastest and strongest technique you can use to break a habit or to set new ones. When you are in a state of hypnosis, it's like a trap door opens between your conscious and subconscious mind. All the suggestions to become permanently slim and trim pass from your conscious mind into your subconscious mind easily and quickly. They become a habit and start to control your eating habits without you having to diet. Your eating habits change and you lose weight automatically. To read more about Dr. Yarnell's use of hypnosis for weight loss as well as other areas, click on: Lose Weight With Hypnosis.