2. Exercise is probably the most important key to increasing your metabolism and burning off excess fat. Research shows that you burn more stored fat for energy when you do aerobic exercises on an empty stomach. You burn more stored fat when you exercise late in the day rather than in the morning. The best time to exercise to lose weight is in the late afternoon/early evening before dinner. Doing this will not only burn off stored fat but increase your metabolism for about two to three more hours just when it was starting to slow down. This produces a significant increase in fat burned off, even after the exercise is over. Second best time to exercise for increased weight loss is in the morning before breakfast. The minimum time for this effect to take place is 20 to 30 continuous minutes.
3. For those of you who want something faster, try high intensity interval training. You can learn more about it by searching HIT exercise program or HIIT program. I personally swear by it. Done 3 times a week along with a good, healthy eating plan and your excess fat will melt off.
4. You can boost your motivation when you see the cumulative results of your exercise program. If you walk, run, bike, do aerobics, swim, lift weights or skate, you can make a training log to keep track of and analyze your exercise progress.
5. Fast foods can kill a diet unless you know what you are doing. For example, a Burger King Whopper has a whopping 660 calories, 40 grams of fat, 47 grams of carbohydrates and 85 mg. of cholesterol. To lose weight, you should be limiting your fat intake to 30 grams for the full day. A better choice would be a McDonald's Hamburger. True, it is smaller, but it only has 270 calories, 9 grams of fat, 35 grams of carbohydrates and 30 mg. of cholesterol. If you plan what you are going to eat, you can still find fast foods that won't destroy your weight loss program. For nutritional information on over 1300 fast food items from 24 restaurant chains, click here.
6. All weight loss and exercise programs work better when you have one or more partners to work with. A support group of friends or acquaintances, all with the same goal, is ideal for keeping your motivation high. Getting rid of fat with or without having to diet is just plain easier when you are surrounded by people doing the same thing. You can lose weight working alone but the support from others helps when your motivation drops. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a support group around him or her. If that is the case for you, you can join a virtual support group on the internet. Yahoo and AOL have weight loss support group chat rooms. Delphi Forums has weight loss message boards. All are easy to use