1. When I complete a task, large or small, I feel proud of my accomplishment.
2. I can act independently without constantly having to check things out with other people.
3. I feel optimistic about things I start and about life in general.
4. I have a good sense of humor and I'm able to laugh at myself.
5. I feel comfortable in social situations.
6. I accept compliments gracefully. I don't get embarrassed or try to deny what I'm being complimented for. "Your dress is pretty. Oh, this old thing."
7. I praise others for what they've accomplished. I don't feel jealous or envious. I recognize there's enough for everyone.
8. I assume responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings and behavior. I don't try to blame others for what I think, feel or do.
9. I'm able to accept responsibility in situations where I'm asked to assume a leadership role. This doesn't mean I automatically do everything I'm asked to do. I do, however, accept responsibility for those tasks I accept and agree to do.
10. I approach and accept new challanges withenthusiasm.
11. I know I'm a worthehile person. I keep the feeling even when I make a mistake or when others are putting me down.
12. I know I'm in control of my life.
13. I'm capable of expressing my thoughts, feelings, beliefs and desires to others.
14. I'm able to tolerate the frustration I feel when something gets in my way, slows me down or distracts me from the direction I'm going in.
15. I can count on myself to find a solution to the problems that confront me. I don't fall apart or waste my time wallowing in self-pity.
Here are Dr. Yarnell’s CDs. Click on the title for more information or to order.